Thursday, October 13, 2011

Shamcey Supsup Receives Senate Honors

Shamcey Supsup was honored by the Senate on October 12, 2011 for her achievement at the Miss Universe 2011 beauty pageant.

image

The Senate has adopted a resolution that commends the Bb. Pilipinas-Universe for placing 3rd runner-up at the Miss Universe 2011 pageant held last month in Brazil.

The resolution says that Shamcey honored the country especially during the question-and-answer portion where she showed the world her being a Filipino with a strong Catholic faith.

To the final question if whether she would change her religious beliefs to marry the person she loves, Shamcey answered, "If I would have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he’ll love my God, too."

The answer may not have won her the crown but she answered from her heart as a Filipino with a strong Catholic belief.

The above photo shows Shamcey Supsup standing regally with senators including Miriam Defensor-Santiago, siblings Alan Peter and Pia Cayetano, Bongbong Marcos, Jinggoy Estrada, Juan Ponce Enrile, Lito Lapid and Bong Revilla Jr.

Follow nyorts on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...